Whether you are selling your home or just sprucing it up for your own enjoyment, here are a few tips for quick and affordable impact:
• Freshen your paint
• Consider a splash of color to add interest
• Change light bulbs to brighten the room and save energy
• Clean carpets and wash windows
• Less is more in modern décor, eliminate unnecessary items
• Rearrange furniture for a more open feeling
• Replace old draperies and curtains with wood blinds
• A little fertilizer and weed control make a big difference
Consider a curb to curb inspection to spot obvious repair-needed areas that detract from curb appeal.
When updating and remodeling your home, it is easy to get caught up in the excitement and spend more than you planned. Set a budget and be mindful of preferred decorating style in your area, if you may be selling the future.
If indeed you feel that you may sell your home within the next few years, be cautious when remodeling, as statistics show that the more you spend, the lower percentage of return on your investment you will be likely to realize. Along those same lines, be careful to not overbuild for the area.
If you are planning to fix to sell, it is always best to ask the advice of an experienced local real estate agent. They can guide you on what buyers want, as well as help you not overdo or overbuild for the neighborhood. As a plus, they may also be able to recommend quality vendors to do the job for you.